Innovation365 Social good and philanthropic good.

Today's innovation comes from Is Grantmaking Enough? A Case for Mission-Related Investing.

What is innovative? The base assumption that 5% of non-profit investments go to social good through program support and the other 95% of non-profit investments go to maintaining the foundation financial base in perpetuity is challenged by Mr. Luther M. Ragin, Jr., Vice President of Investments for The F.B. Heron Foundation.

The challenge Mr. Ragin rises is to consider that private foundations can prudently make investments without jeopardizing the value of its endowment. He brings to light a new set of financial tools that can help accomplish the foundations' philanthropic mission and achieve market rates needed for maintaining the financial needs of the foundation. It's not an either or but an and.


0 Responses: