This is a great in-depth recounting of the Post-it Note history. What I got out of this:
- The culture of innovation must have built in the ability to develop ideas that will fail.
- You must be able to sell the idea to get any uptake!
- You need to learn how to make connections between ideas.
- If there is a gut level belief in the idea then you need to be tenacious.
- An idea's technical success does not equate to financial success (look at Betamax versus VHS).
- You will encounter resistance at all levels. Understand those resistance points and prepare your sales pitch.
- Get in there and prototype many examples to help support your pitch!